Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2nd 2012

 This week has been awesome! I got my travel arrangements on Wednesday.I will leave the MTC at 3:00 in the morning and my first flight takes off around 6:50, lands around 8:10ish. My second flight takes off at like 9:50 and lands 10:40. I go from Salt Lake to Denver then Denver to Durango, and its a car trip from there on. 

We had some amazing stuff happen this week. We had a devotional from L. Tom Perry where 10 of the 12 were there. I have been able to see a bunch of Elder Bednar's devotionals here. He is such an amazing speaker. If you can you should read or watch them. Character of Christ and Becoming a Missionary are the 2 titles. 

I have felt the Spirit so strong this week. Some of the lessons that I have taught with Elder Poulson have just been so filled with the Spirit, its amazing. Then our fireside last night was interesting and spiritual. It was by Ted Gibbs, a member of the 70 and he played the part of  Willard Richards as he described the story of his conversion and the martyrdom. It was so powerful. You should read that story again, and really think about it. 

I'm gonna dry clean my suit today and get a hair cut appointment, not that i need to cut my hair but I'm gonna see if they can give me a fade without cutting the top, but I don't know maybe not. So close to heading out its not even funny. 

I got a package from Matt, which had a Ducks button in it, which was pretty cool. 

My friend Hunter should show up Thursday so I'm excited for that.  I hope to see him a bit. We vacuumed stairs for service this last week which was weird because they were tile stairs. We don't get to go to the temple again.

I think my closing thought will be on some of those talks I heard this week. Elder Bednar talked about being baptized by fire being as important as being baptized of water, and President Benson had a talk where he spoke of that when we accept the Lord as our captain that we catch fire and that we can transmit that fire to others. I know that the fire that they both spoke of are the same fire and that it is the fire of conversion. My hope is that I will be able to kindle that fire in myself and let it burn long and hot. I know that what I am preparing to do is the right thing and that this church is true and that the Savior lives and that Joseph Smith restored the gosple of Christ and was a great prophet. I know that our church leaders today are prophets just like Moses and Abraham.

love 
Elder Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment