Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 3.2013


Hey,

This week has been fast. We have been working really hard. Just going and going. I chopped some more wood and we talked with a ton of people.

This week is also transfers. We got the news on Saturday when President Batt called us. He told me that I would be training again in Toadlena and that Elder Chavez will be opening up Fort Wingate, which has been closed for six months(i went there for exchanges my first transfer out). Elder Bankhead is still my zone leader which is awesome.

I have been really tired this week. It just seems to catch up with me more and more. 

My branch president did give something cool. He gave me a paper that has the sacrament prayers in Navajo.  I am going to be working the next couple weeks with my new companion so that we can say them for Sacrament Meeting one day. I am getting better at reading Navajo but don't understand all the words. I am still working on that. Someday I will get it.

President was down at our church yesterday which was fun, so we got to ask him questions about what areas got opened and stuff, which was nice.  I can't think of too much else to say. It's been really muddy.
 
Love,
Elder Alex Huff

BTW--Alex will be returning from his mission on his birthday June 18, 2014.  Because of the influx of new missionaries all the missionaries from his mission will be coming home two weeks earlier than originally planned.  He is totally excited to be able to come home on his birthday! That means he will only have one birthday in the field so if you are wanting to make his day, plan ahead for this June.--Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment