Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 14,2013

Yaa'tee'h

This week has been pretty good.  It's been hard work and some good fun, too.  We had a tri-zone conference this week which was awesome.  We got to learn from all the zone leaders and President and Sister Batt, again.  Sister Batt left us with a challenge to update and keep our area books in better condition.  We have a lot of paperwork and filing and all of that to get ours in order. We have also been visiting  a lot of people this week.

The Book of Mormon class that we hold 3 times a week has been going really well.  The people that come every time are starting to really ask questions and to learn and grow.  It is beginning to fill their hearts and not just be a church they "go to."

On Wednesday we went out to visit  a lady.  She had us help her catch, tag, mark, and rubber band some sheeps and lambs.  That was way fun!  We were using shepherd's crooks most of the time then we decided we should just run them down and catch them.  That was way fun!  We have dealt a lot with sheep and goats out here.  I am starting to not notice the smell of them anymore.

I had an experience this week that really taught me about prayer.  I had been praying for some things to happen.  I got the answer to go ahead and try.  When I did, I realized that it wasn't going to happen but I also saw that it had answered another prayer I had asked for.  I really learned that God won't always give us what we want but He will always answer our prayers, and lots of times He will hit two birds with one stone  answering many prayers with one answer or through one act of our own faith.  "Faith isn't always saying to the mountain 'be moved' and it gets up and walks away.  Sometimes it's asking 'Where is the shovel?'"

Love,
Elder Alex Huff

"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment